“Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another.” – Marquis de Condorcet
We all have compared ourselves to some other person/people at least once in our lives. We all are guilty of forgetting our beautiful soul for that particular moment when realization strikes and you’re back to your own reality. Well…STOP. Just stop comparing yourself to some one else because you are a miracle and you’re unique in your own way.
“Personality begins where comparison leaves off. Be unique. Be memorable. Be confident. Be proud.” ~ Shannon L. Alder
Let me ask you this…
Who do you most frequently compare yourself to?
If you’re not sure, try this question: Who have you compared yourself to in the last 24 hours?
If you’re still not sure, think of the last time you checked your Facebook or Instagram feed. Which updates made you feel envious, or made you feel as if your life paled in comparison? In turn, did any posts make you feel smug, or better than that person?
The comparison game—or war—is as old as humanity.
You know it already.
You know you shouldn’t compare yourself to others. Yet, that’s often easier said than done.
Job title, income, grades, house, and
A comparison is generally the fast track to unhappiness. It’s a recipe for misery. All it does is keeping you focused on what you don’t like about yourself and your life.
Here are ten powerful reminders when you start comparing yourself to others:
- Your heart beats approximately 104,000 times in a day and each one of those heartbeats is far too valuable to waste on comparing yourself to another. You were given your heart’s unique rhythm to dance to your very own beat. Not to the beating of anyone else’s heart. Just your own.
- We all walk roughly 8,000 steps a day, and if you were able to walk and retrace the footsteps of every single person you are comparing yourself to, you will realize that their perfection is an illusion and we are all works in progress trying to find our way.
- When you compare yourself to anyone else, you are taking the focus off yourself, your goals, your plans, your immense aspirations and putting all of your focus in a negative way on another person. The universe did not give you the immense opportunity to exist against all the odds just for you to compare yourself to another human being.
- In a single minute, 288,000 stars are born and each and every one of those stars is unique and has a definite purpose. In the same way, every person on this planet has an entirely unique person. Even you. Even the person you are comparing yourself to.
- Remember that what you see in front of you and envy is only one version of the person, the version they are letting you see. Every other version of them could be dealing with an astronomical amount of pain that you cannot even begin to fathom, much less be envious of.
- The only thing that really matters, in the end, is your story. How well you lived it. How beautifully you wrote it. How much love you gave to others. Nowhere is there any room on those pages for you to become a secondary character in your own book. When you compare yourself to anyone else, you are making someone else the protagonist of your story.
- We all have our own paths to walk, our own gardens to grow, our own burdens to carry. Why spend any of that time weeding our own gardens, learning about our own paths, understanding how to lessen our burdens, assessing other people’s gardens, paths,
- Turn that comparison into fuel. When you realize that you are envying someone their lot, perhaps it is indicating to a deficiency in your own lot, and a need to work on something within yourself. By turning that comparison into fuel to work on yourself you are making a positive out of a negative thing and turning envy into something extremely productive.
- The only thing you should compare yourself to is the constellations you come from. Everything and everyone else is just the blink of the eye kind of temporary.
- Be wary of those negative thoughts towards yourself and envying other people. Thoughts are the universe’s lifeblood, the way it hears us. And that is how they manifest themselves into events, into moments, into entire life stories.
Take Back What Belongs to You
Comparing ourselves to others often leaves us feeling frustrated, anxious, and paralyzed about moving forward. It doesn’t help one single bit in creating the life we want. Instead, it just takes away valuable time and energy that could have been spent on building our future.
Whenever you focus on what other people have that you don’t, you give away your power. Every minute spent on comparing your path to someone else’s is a minute lost on creating your own.
So, take back your power from all the people, places, and situations where you’ve left it and bring it back home. Decide that your energy will be used for believing, not doubting, and for creating, not destroying.
Focus on you. Focus on watering your grass and building your path. Focus on being the best that you can be and share that with the rest of us.
You got this.
Feel free to ask any questions or share your ideas in the comment section below. Alternately, I’d really appreciate for you to share this content on your social media platform if you found it useful so that others can benefit from it too. If you have any doubts or want a personal clarification, send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. For more inspiration, fun, and smiles, follow me on Instagram
Happy Blogging! ♥♥♥
Thank you for reading. Love you for that! ♥
—–Have Hope. Keep Faith—–
Copyright. All rights reserved. ©
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Follow & Support Eclipsed Words on these social platforms. It’s a great way of showing your love and support.
It only takes one click!
Any Inquiries/Say Hello – email@example.com
ECLIPSEDWORDS BY AISHWARYA SHAH | JANUARY’2019 | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©