A humble person is rare to come across now-a-days. However, it can be challenging to even free yourself from the pit of arrogance and pride. To be humble doesn’t mean to have low self-esteem. Humble people can have great talent, yet they’re extremely self-aware of their talents, and keep everything in perspective.
When you’re humble, the results speak for themselves. When you’re humble, you’re not afraid to ask for help, praise others, and even accept compliments. If you’re truly humble, people will notice and gravitate towards you.
Below are 33 quotes to remind you of the incredible power of humility:
1. “A grateful heart is a beginning of greatness. It is an expression of humility. It is a foundation for the development of such virtues as prayer, faith, courage, contentment, happiness, love, and well-being.” – James E. Faust
2. “’Thank you’ is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding.” – Alice Walker
3. “It was pride that changed angels into devils; it is humility that makes men as angels.” – Saint Augustine
4. “We learned about gratitude and humility – that so many people had a hand in our success, from the teachers who inspired us to the janitors who kept our school clean… and we were taught to value everyone’s contribution and treat everyone with respect.” – Michelle Obama
5. “There is no respect for others without humility in one’s self.” – Henri Frederic Amiel
6. “Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real.” – Thomas Merton
7. “Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues.” – Confucius
8. “I BELIEVE THE FIRST TEST OF A TRULY GREAT MAN IS IN HIS HUMILITY.” – JOHN RUSKIN
9. “Humility is not thinking less of yourself, it’s thinking of yourself less.” – Rick Warren
10. “Only a person who has passed through the gate of humility can ascend to the heights of the spirit.” – Rudolf Steiner
11. “Sports are such a great teacher. I think of everything they’ve taught me: camaraderie, humility, how to resolve differences.” – Kobe Bryant
12. “Great leaders don’t need to act tough. Their confidence and humility serve to underscore their toughness.” – Simon Sinek
13. “If anything is good for pounding humility into you permanently, it’s the restaurant business.” – Anthony Bourdain
14. “Where there is humility, there is more success, and lasting success.” – Patrick Lencioni
15. “We come nearest to the great when we are great in humility.” – Rabindranath Tagore
16. “LET US BE ABSOLUTELY CLEAR ABOUT ONE THING: WE MUST NOT CONFUSE HUMILITY WITH FALSE MODESTY OR SERVILITY.” – PAULO COELHO
17. “Honesty is grounded in humility and indeed in humiliation, and in admitting exactly where we are powerless.” – David Whyte
18. “Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
19. “The proud man can learn humility, but he will be proud of it.” – Mignon McLaughlin
20. “Whenever I’m around some who is modest, I think, ‘Run like hell and all of fire.’ You don’t want modesty, you want humility.” – Maya Angelou
21. “Have the humility to learn from those around you.” – John C. Maxwell
22. “Uncertainty is a sign of humility, and humility is just the ability or the willingness to learn.” – Charlie Sheen
23. “Humility is no substitute for a good personality.” – Fran Lebowitz
24. “POWER IS DANGEROUS UNLESS YOU HAVE HUMILITY.” – RICHARD J. DALEY
25. “Endless effort, endless humility, endless modesty.” – Rain
26. “Humility is preserved when I give credit where credit is due – to God.” – Mother Angelica
27. “It ain’t the heat, it’s the humility.” – Yogi Berra
28. “Life is a long lesson in humility.” – James M. Barrie
29. “Humility, I have learned, must never be confused with meekness. Humility is being open to the ideas of others.” – Simon Sinek
30. “Humility is not something that comes naturally. But it is a cardinal virtue that should be pursued more than any other.” – Joyce Meyer
31. “Humility is really important because it keeps you fresh and new.” – Steven Tyler
32. “AN ACTOR SHOULD ALWAYS LET HUMILITY OUTWEIGH AMBITION.” – ANNA KENDRICK
33. “Personally, I rather look forward to a computer program winning the world chess championship. Humanity needs a lesson in humility.” – Richard Dawkins
Which one of these humility quotes resonated most with you and why?
Feel free to ask any questions or share your ideas in the comment section below. Alternately, I’d really appreciate for you to share this content on your social media platform if you found it useful so that others can benefit from it too. If you have any doubts or want a personal clarification, send me an email on email@example.com. For more inspiration, fun, and smiles, follow me on Instagram
Happy Blogging! ♥♥♥
Thank you for reading. Love you for that! ♥
—–Have Hope. Keep Faith—–
Copyright. All rights reserved. ©
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Follow & Support Eclipsed Words on these social platforms. It’s a great way of showing your love and support.
It only takes one click!
Any Inquiries/Say Hello – firstname.lastname@example.org
ECLIPSEDWORDS BY AISHWARYA SHAH | JANUARY’2019 | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©