It is innovation’s biggest paradox:
We demand more and more from the stuff in our lives–more features, more function, more power–and yet we also increasingly demand that it be easy to use. And, in an Escher-like twist, the technology that’s simplest to use is also, often, the most difficult to create.
Here’s the thing – There is beauty in simplicity.
The first time I heard that phrase, I probably brushed it off as a group of words that someone thought sounded good together. With the passing years, I have come to appreciate how the word simple is a code word for filtering out the noise in my life.
Take time for simple pleasures — the beauty lies in the details.
Simple things, like the little things, are sometimes the most important and beautiful things. Don’t miss them.
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” —Leonardo da Vinci
Oh, how true!
♥♥♥♥♥ I’d love for you to subscribe to my mailing list! It’s different than following my blog. On there, I’ll be sending out personal email-only love notes. Now along with following my blog (which btw, I can’t thank you enough), you’ll be able to interact with me on a personal level too. You just need to enter your email address. Thanks!
Subscribe to Aishwarya’s Newsletter for your chic dose of Self-Help!
In daily life, we have a habit of overcomplicating even the simplest tasks. Even this morning, I was trying to connect the dots on a new project I’m pitching and even though the concept itself was really simple, the details felt muddy and tangled in my head.
I had to stop and remind myself that what I wanted was totally possible and tripping myself up was just an excuse to procrastinate and not follow through. Do you ever feel that way, too?
There is clarity and confidence in simplicity. Sometimes, the answer you’re looking for isn’t as hard to find as you think. It’s right in front of you — you just have to be willing to listen.
Simplicity aids understanding, it allows us to focus better, it increases belief and builds confidence.
The value of simplicity has been known for centuries, its importance has been understood by the best and the brightest throughout history. Yet we somehow still have a natural tendency to over complicate things.
That’s why we love inspirational quotes. They are simple and straight to the point and can help you to shift your perspective in life.
Here are 39 quotes on simplicity to remind you of the importance and beauty of being simple:
1. “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
2. “In character, in manner, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
3. “Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.” – Leonardo da Vinci
4. “The most complicated skill is to be simple.” – Dejan Stojanovic
5. “That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex: You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.” – Steve Jobs
6. “Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” – Isaac Newton
7. “It is always the simple that produces the marvelous.” – Amelia Barr
8. “Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability.” – Edsger Dijkstra
9. “I have just three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures.” – Lao Tzu
10. “Simplicity is the most difficult thing to secure in this world; it is the last limit of experience and the last effort of genius.” – George Sand
11. “Simplicity is an exact medium between too little and too much.” – Sir Joshua Reynolds
12. “Order and simplification are the first steps toward the mastery of a subject.” – Thomas Mann
13. “Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is the noble art of leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of non-essentials.” – Lin Yutang
14. “The art of simplicity is a puzzle of complexity.” – Douglas Horton
15. “Simplicity is the outcome of technical subtlety. It is the goal, not the starting point.” – Maurice Saatchi
16. “Simplicity is a state of mind.” – Charles Wagner
17. “Understanding reduces the greatest to simplicity, and lack of it causes the least to take on the magnitude.” – Raymond Holliwell
18. “If you can’t explain it to a six-year-old, you don’t understand it yourself.” – Albert Einstein
19. “The greatest ideas are the simplest.” – William Golding
20. “Nothing is more simple than greatness; indeed, to be simple is to be great.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
21. “Almost all quality improvement comes via simplification of design, manufacturing, layout, processes, and procedures.” – Tom Peters
22. “Very often, people confuse simple with simplistic. The nuance is lost on most.” – Clement Mok
23. “Knowledge is a process of piling up facts; wisdom lies in their simplification.” – Martin H. Fischer
24. “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler “ – Albert Einstein
25. “People often associate complexity with deeper meaning, when often after precious time has been lost, it is realized that simplicity is the key to everything.” – Gary Hopkins
26. Growth creates complexity, which requires simplicity.” – Andy Stanley
27. “Our life is frittered away by detail. Simplify, simplify.” – Henry David Thoreau
28. “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.” – Bruce Lee
29. “Simplicity is about subtracting the obvious and adding the meaningful.” – John Maeda
30. “Things are never as complicated as they seem. It is only our arrogance that prompts us to find unnecessarily complicated answers to simple problems.” – Muhammad Yunus
31. “The role of genius is not to complicate the simple, but to simplify the complicated.” – Criss Jami
32. “Complexity is impressive, but simplicity is genius.” – Lance Wallnau
33. “Complexity is enemy of execution”. – Anthony Robbins
34. “Fools ignore complexity. Pragmatists suffer it. Come can avoid it. Geniuses remove it.” – Alan Perlis
35. “Simplicity will stand out, while complexity will get lost in the crowd.” – Kevin Barnett
36. “Out of intense complexities, intense simplicities emerge.” – Winston Churchill
37. “The evolution of knowledge is toward simplicity, not complexity.” – L. Ron Hubbard
38. “The simplification of life is one of the steps to inner peace.” – Mildred Norman
39. “As you simplify your life, the laws of the Universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness.” – Henry David Thoreau
To achieve simplicity we need to have a simplicity first attitude. Simplicity is not easy, but it is achievable, and it makes everything easier.
Feel free to ask any questions or share your ideas in the comment section below. Alternately, I’d really appreciate for you to share this content on your social media platform if you found it useful so that others can benefit from it too. If you have any doubts or want a personal clarification, send me an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. For more inspiration, fun, and smiles, follow me on Instagram
Happy Blogging! ♥♥♥
Thank you for reading. Love you for that! ♥
—–Have Hope. Keep Faith—–
Copyright. All rights reserved. ©
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
Follow & Support Eclipsed Words on these social platforms. It’s a great way of showing your love and support.
It only takes one click!
Any Inquiries/Say Hello – email@example.com
ECLIPSEDWORDS BY AISHWARYA SHAH | NOVEMBER’2018 | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©